PALOMBAIO | LAZIO IGT CABERNET SAUVIGNON
Palombaio is composed uniquely of Cabernet Sauvignon, it is our premium red wine, its name
comes from the piece of vineyard where the Cabernet Sauvignon is planted, that is “Tenuta del
Palombaio”. We make this wine only in the years when the grapes are perfect and the maturation
is optimal. In those years, we let the wine age in Allier oak barrels for at least 12 months. Palombaio is a very persistent wine, delicate and elegant, with perfumes that are in
continuous evolution. Its top quality is finesse.
- Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%.
- Wine-making: in red, with fermentation in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 18° C. Aging in
oak barrels for 12 months, then aging in bottle for at least 12 months.
- Colour: ruby red, very intense, beautiful transparency.
- Bouquet: fine and intense, with notes of red and black berry fruit, balsamic nuances and
inklings of tobacco, liquorice and iron-like minerality. Very interesting, too, are the notes of
vegetal range, like humus and bush.
- Taste: dry, warm, soft, tasty, quite fresh, full.
- Food pairing: perfect with red meat, seasoned cheese and salami, ham and cold cuts.